- To be treated with dignity and respect.
- To have absolute confidentiality.
- To be seen within 30 minutes of your appointment
- (Unless the reason for delay has been explained to you, emergency appointments excepted)
- To receive information about your health, your illness and its treatment, alternative treatments and possible outcomes of such illness.
- To have access to your medical records according to the legal limitations.
- To decline to take part in research or training.
- To be referred to a specialist acceptable to you provided that your GP thinks it appropriate.
- To be seen as soon as possible if you have an urgent medical condition.
- To be given a written reply to a complaint within seven working days.
- To consult with Doctor within seven working days.
- (Except if Doctors appointments are reduced by leave)
- To be given advice on Health Promotions such as: stopping smoking, exercise, immunisations, etc. Self help for minor ailments to avoid having to consult with a GP
- To be informed of changes in services on any brochures and notice boards.
- To be able to make suggestions for improvements via the Practice Manager.
- Out of Hours e.g. evenings and weekends are for:- MEDICAL EMERGENCIES ONLY.
- Do not ring the emergency number for less serious conditions.
- Do not ring the emergency number if the problem can wait until after 8am.
- To treat practice staff with dignity and respect at all times, we operate a Zero Tolerance Policy. Violent or abusive behaviour will result in your removal from the Practice list.
- To advise us of your change of name or address immediately
- To attend all appointments on time or cancel at least 24 hours in advance. Non-attenders cause delays and waste the doctors time, you may have to book another appointment if you are late. Do not ask to discuss another person during your appointment, it is for one person only, make one appointment for each person to be seen or discussed
- To make every effort to come to the surgery for a consultation. Home visits are for medical reasons only, and where possible be requested before 10:30am. Please do not ask for home visits for your convenience
- Remember you are responsible for your own health and that of your children. We will give you our professional advice, please act upon it.